Sunday, January 11, 2009

Stop the TAGS & 85 bucks for 250 bucks of Groceries

So my wife's last 2 days that she posted on here, she filled it with TAGS... I have to publicly apologize. Please don't ban our blog because of this carelessness. (she just called me a meany head for that, so I don't think I am in to much trouble) I guess the Tags are a quicker way to get to know someone, so that's just Neat, but.. ya. now jumping off soapbox.

I love it when Teisha does her coupon shopping if you can't tell by now. It does take a lot more effort but I think its worth it. We are trying to shop from our pantry and storage downstairs rather then have to go shopping anytime we are low in the cupboards. It really is starting to build up as well. Here is a pick of yesterdays run with Kylee.

From January Pics

We spent the night at Primary Hospital with Easton on Tuesday. He had his bilateral inguinal hernias taken care of. We had to stop all food and beverage in the morning. His last meal was 9:30. He didn't have surgery until 3:30. Can you tell me how a premature baby is suppose to go 6 hours and then some without food? On the way to the hospital, we stopped at the Church Office Buildings in SLC and had my dad assist us in giving Easton a blessing. Dad thought he could use his badge to scan all of us into his department. Security is nuts there now a days. Instead of hasseling with signing in and creating temp badges at the front, we used this little closet in the lobby. Easton was so calm the rest of the day. I kept looking at Teish just in awe wondering when Easton was about to flip out. He just stayed asleep until the hospital gave him an IV so he wouldn't dehydrate. It was really neat to see how that Priesthood Blessing assisted Easton through the day, surgery, and his post op.
From January Pics

We were in this large waiting room with lots of other parents... waiting. After we started talking to them, we felt almost sorry we were in there at all. One family was in there for 9 hours waiting for there 1 year old daughters open heart surgery. Another couple dads have been there on and off for months. Staying at local hotels and the Ronald McDonald home. We are so blessed that Easton was not born with any complications other then just being a light weight.

The night was not fun at all. Teisha got a 24 hour flu and threw up all night. We traded from the rocking chair to the "cot" either when Teisha went to hug the toilet or when Easton was hungry. Lets just say it was a night that was not ending for awhile.

I'm still busy with real estate and school. But am very glad that I decided to finish up my degree. I should be graduated this time next year. I plan on always having my real estate license, because even when I don't sit on the phones at the office and prospect for work, I have been getting a lot of referrals from family and past clients. I am very greatful for that and obviously it has been a life saver during these fun economic times.

Oh and my parents are home now. They lived in New Zealand for about 15 months for work. You can read about their last hiking adventure on their blog. We had the whole family at the house in Layton except Joey since he is serving a mission in Taiwan right now. It was just a couple days before Christmas. So the timing couldn't have worked out better. They showered all the kids with gifts and for Christmas we all got a different weapon from Somao. Ours is a club on one said and has spikes on the other. Also has a cool painting all over it. We hope our parents didn't feel anxious with the house full and want to go back to the warmth of Auckland but thats how we thought we would break them in I guess.
From January Pics


No comments: